Dr. Niraj Sharma takes the first step in providing cardiovascular care by sitting down with his patients at Northside Heart Specialists. He listens to his patients’ concerns and enjoys making a difference in their lives. Dr. Sharma is board certified in both cardiovascular disease and cardiac electrophysiology. In addition to implanting pacemakers and defibrillators (ICDs), his interests include complex ablations and being involved in new innovations and research.Dr. Sharma educates patients about heart rhythm problems like atrial fibrillation (AFib) and how to avoid major concerns like sudden cardiac death.
He is deeply experienced in the entire cardiovascular system and specializes in ablations for atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia, left atrial appendage (LAA) closure implants, and other minimally invasive stroke prevention procedures.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Medicine, Govt. Medical College, Jabalpur, India
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Yale University, New Haven Connecticut
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island
- Director Medical Consult Services, Brown University, Roger Williams Medical Center, Providence, Rhode Island
- Fellowship, Cardiology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Parkland Hospital, Dallas, Texas
Certifications and Affiliations
- Board Certified, Cardiovascular Disease and Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Fellow, Heart Rhythm Society